How Do I Know if My Air Duct Cleaner Did a Good Job?
There are several things you can look for to make sure your ductwork was cleaned properly:
- Make sure your service provider uses a checklist or proof-of-work process
- After the duct cleaner is done, have them show you each component of the ductwork to ensure it’s clean.
- The ductwork should be free of visible dust and debris. Some companies may use remote photography to show you the results.
- There should be no musty smells coming from the ductwork.
What Happens if You Never Clean Your Ductwork?
If you never clean your ductwork, the dirt, dust, and debris will continue to build. This can lead to several potential problems, including:
- Reduced air flow
- Increased wear and tear on your HVAC system
- Growth of mold and mildew
- Dust and debris can be a fire hazard
- Poor air quality
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
Cleaning your ductwork is an important part of maintaining a healthy home. Generally, you should clean your air ducts every 3 to 5 years.
However, this also depends on where you live and if you have individuals with respiratory problems living in your house. Then, you might want to consider more frequent duct cleaning. You should also clean the ducts after moving into a new home or after a major renovation.
How Much Does it Cost to Clean Air Ducts?
Air duct cleaning costs from an air duct cleaning service will vary depending on your ductwork and your location. Generally, duct cleaning costs between $500 and $1000.
The factors involved in your air duct cleaning costs include:
- The size of your ductwork
- The condition of your ductwork
- The type of ductwork you have
- The number of vents
- Level of contamination
- Household factors
A thorough cleaning of your air ducts can be an investment in your health and the longevity of your HVAC unit.
Professional Air Duct Cleaning For Rockford Residents
Spring is the best time to get your ductwork cleaned so that you can enjoy clean air all season long. Cleaning your ductwork is a big job, and it’s one that you should leave to an HVAC expert. Save yourself the stress of trying to tackle duct cleaning on your own by calling in a professional. At Fay’s Affordable Carpet Cleaninng, we have the experience and the tools to get your ductwork clean and keep it that way.
If you’re a greater Rockford area resident, contact us today to schedule an appointment.